Freshmen’s Guide to BLHS

Freshmen’s Guide to BLHS

Written by: Brooklyn Fondaw, Reporter

Freshman year can be stressful if you don’t know what you’re doing. There are many ways to help manage stress, friends, and work. Here are some tips and tricks to survive your first year of high school. 

• While walking in a busy hallway, and you plan on stopping, go over to the sides of the hallway. DO NOT stop in the middle of oncoming traffic.
  • You shouldn’t procrastinate on homework and projects because the deadline will catch up with you.
  • Loud is not cute. Don’t try to impress people especially the upperclassmen. They will just find it annoying and ignore you.
  • Don’t just stand in the back, and watch. Get involved and speak up. That’s how you get noticed.
  • Pay attention to where the upperclassmen sit. That is their spot and it will always be. Find somewhere else to sit.
  • Use your advisory/bobcat time wisely. This is the time to do your homework that you forgot about, that’s due next block, not a social hour.
  • Be polite to the upperclassmen. Use manners and say excuse me, don’t just run into people. If you respect them, they will respect you.
  • We are all a team and no one person is better than the other.
  • Drama can consume you. Know when your input is needed and when it is none of your business. Positive vibes only.

Freshman year is the most important, so make the most out of all your opportunities. Have a great year!