The BOOgie Dance

Written by: Tara Sitzmann, Reporter

This spooky Monday, the Life Skills class hosted their third annual dance, where 110 students from the metro area attended. The dance is for students in special populations. We have students from Bonner Spring High School, Piper High School, Mill Valley High School and Gardner Edgerton High School. This year, unlike previous, Eudora High School came.

“We invite local high schools from around our community to come and work on their social skills and be able to have a good time amongst their peers,” said special populations teacher Kelly Kanan.

Last year the school had about 150 students attend from special populations alone. The dance is a chance for the students to have a good time at the school. It allows students in other clubs to be apart as well.

“It integrates students from NHS, Student Ambassador and JAG. They help set up and it’s a great way to get the rest of the school involved. I think it’s a great opportunity for student to socialize and interact during a school day,” said Kanan.

The students in the life skills class put together ideas that they want for the dance. Making the  Halloween dance for the students by the students.