TSA Hosts Halloweentown

Written by: Trinity Krouse, Co-Editor-in-Chief

On Tuesday night, the Technology Student Association (TSA) hosted a Halloweentown fundraiser. Open to the community, it included painting themed decorations, s’mores, hot chocolate and a showing of Disney’s Halloweentown.

“We like to do community events,” said TSA sponsor Abraham Cilliers. “Last year, we did Santa’s Workshop, where we made gingerbread houses from materials in the shop. We [were] looking to expand this year and do the Halloweentown.”

To prepare for the event, Cilliers made different wooden cutouts of halloween creatures and symbols for the kids to paint. The students took on some of the other preparation tasks.

“We had to get donations for supplies, and we had to stay sane. We had to ask the middle school for some help. Then, we had to advertise it a lot,” said freshman and president of TSA Abby Otten. “Advertising was our big thing because if we don’t have people here, we can’t do anything… We made fliers, and we gave some fliers to the elementary schools. Then we had some of our TSA members post it on instagram and social media.”

To raise money for TSA, they charged $5 for decorating the cutouts and $1 for smores and hot chocolate.

“It [the money] is going to go straight to both middle school and high school TSA for us to go to State and to Nationals this year, so that we can afford it and also project materials. Sometimes it can get a little expensive,” said Otten.

TSA competes at state in April and will host one more big fundraiser in December called “Santa’s Workshop”. They also sell lollipops at Friday home sporting events.