Wrestlers Compete at Lee’s Summit North

Written by: Katelyn Cofer, Reporter

On Dec. 7 and 8, the wrestlers went to a two-day tournament at Lee’s Summit North High School. There, juniors Josh Willcutt and Kaden Jacobsen placed 2nd in their weight class and junior Drake Parkinson and freshman Cohen Suchy placed 5th in their weight class. Altogether, there was a total of 17 wins, 14 pins and three by decision.

“I thought that we competed well for the most part,” said head coach Jason Puderbaugh. “I felt like overall, we showed pretty well placing 4 of the 6 wrestlers we brought and Kaden Jacobson, our Standout Wrestler of the week competed well for being his first competition of the season.”

To win a wrestler can either pin their opponent or win by decision (score more points). Suchy got one win by pin, Parkinson got two wins with one pin, Jacobsen had six wins with four pins, junior Luke Jennings had one win by pin, junior Hunter Parish had one win by pin and Willcutt had six wins with all of them being pins.

“I think with us having key guys still out of the lineup at this point in the season plus as many young guys as we have on the roster we can do nothing but improve. Our young guys will continue to get better each week and hopefully we can get everyone back in the lineup soon which will make us a much stronger team when we are able to bring our entire roster into the varsity competitions,” said Puderbaugh.

The next dual will be Dec. 12th at Lawrence Free State High School.