Green and Gold Threads Opens Storefront

Written by: Delainey Wilson, Editor-in-Chief

Several students in the Applied Business Development class have been working to open a clothing company within the school in order to provide trendy and affordable fan apparel for the community. Senior Logan Lynn has been working on making Green and Gold Threads a reality for nearly a year. 

“We first talked about the idea the first semester of last year, and by the second half of the school year, we had a team assembled. The team consisted of [senior] Clarissa Kiefer, [junior] Angelina Barnett, and myself. With the time we were given we created a name, a logo and released our first shirt,” said Lynn.

This year, Green and Gold Threads was put on hold until November in order to help their sister company, The Den, open up for the school year. After working through the first semester, Green and Gold Threads was able to produce new products, as well as come up with a plan to open up a storefront during the beginning of the second semester.

“As of now we have released two shirts and one crew neck… Green and Gold Threads will be open at every home sporting event, as well as in The Den during Bobcat Advisory,” said Lynn.

In addition to opening a storefront, Green and Gold Threads has plans to expand further into the Basehor community by partnering with Basehor Nutrition.

“Green and Gold Threads will constantly be expanding with every season, activity and sport and also expanding out into the community. Green and Gold Threads has partnered with Basehor Nutrition and will be selling our apparel at their location once they open. We hope this will get the word out about our company more,” said Lynn.

Lynn and her team are currently working on creating a separate business class for Green and Gold Threads aside from The Den. If interested in becoming a part of the Green and Gold Threads team, contact business teacher Cody Ziegler for more information.