Bright Spot Co. Brings Awareness Through Stickers

photo+credit%3A+Alyssa+Tyler%2C+Editor-in-Chief+

photo credit: Alyssa Tyler, Editor-in-Chief

Written by: Jaedin Turner, Social Media Manager

Imagine opening your own business as a junior. That is exactly what juniors Gracie Hermreck and Riley Wilson are doing. Their business, Bright Spot Co., will sell stickers, pins and badges, as a part of their Innovation Academy (IA) project. Both girls are earning their economics credit through the program. Hermreck and Wilson have similar interests including advocating for certain groups/organizations and art that will be incorporated into their project. For example, mental health, body positivity, and LGBTQ awarenesss.

“We both love designing on our iPads, art and the idea of having an Etsy store. So we thought it would be a great idea for us to combine our interests and open this business. We plan on starting with stickers and eventually expanding to pins and badges when we get enough business,” said Hermreck.

Both Hermreck and Wilson have plans to make this business grow and plan on advertising by attending craft fairs and partnering with different brands like other Innovation Academy group, Green and Gold threads, which will help them get initial business. The girls plan on advertising in many different ways including through social media platforms. Not only are they going to spread awareness for their business by creating an account, they plan on sharing it on their personal accounts as well. 

“We are both very passionate about different social justice movements and hope to associate stickers to make people more aware about issues that are the most important to us as well,” said Wilson.

By completing this project and opening their business they will be able to get a better idea about how to run a business. 

The goal of Innovation Academy is to help every student find their ‘why’ through real world experiences and connections to classroom content,”said IA facilitator Jayme Breault. 

Both girls are earning their economics credit through the program by meeting certain standards.

“Right now there are a lot of unknowns, but as our business plans progress, we will know more. We hope to sell our stickers, and eventually pins and badges on more than just one platform so we are still exploring our options. Although price points are currently unknown we plan to target our stickers towards teens so they will be affordable. We chose teens because many use stickers as a way to express themselves and we hope they will choose ours to do so,” said Wilson.

Hermreck and Wilson are going to continue to develop their business and will be offering their products in early to late October and will produce most, if not all of the stickers, themselves, on their own printer.