Finals Week- What You Need to Know

Finals Week- What You Need to Know

Written by: Lexi Fishe, Reporter

Finals week is here and the staff and students are prepared. The past two weeks have been remote learning, and will remain so for the week of Dec. 14-18. Because of this, teachers will use a variety of methods to conduct finals including Canvas, lock-down browser [and] Zoom. All students will be required to have cameras turned on [and] be seen on camera during the extent of their finals. There will be options for office hours as well for students to get help from teachers. 

“I do think the best thing for our students is to be in person. I am also aware that the numbers of positive cases are high and we want to keep everyone, including our teachers, safe. It’s tough- I do miss seeing the students every day and being able to be around all of [the students],” Fuhrman said. 

Some subjects, such as math or English, plan to have a final without any modifications, but classes such as culinary had to change the way their final is taken. Students previously cooked in front of teacher Megan Marquardt where they cooked Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables and cheesecake, instead, they will be preparing a meal Marquardt gives them and will be required to document completing the final via a picture or video in order to receive credit. 

“I hope students still get the excitement and joy of creating something delicious. Sharing their creation with their loved ones will be an added bonus this year from years past, ” Marquardt said. 

Thursday: 

8:05 a.m.-11:10 a.m. Office Hours 

11:40 a.m-1:10 p.m. 3rd Block Final 

1:10 p.m.- 2:45 p.m. 4th Block Final 

Friday: 

8:05 a.m.- 9:35 a.m. 1st Block Final 

9:40 a.m.- 11:10 a.m. 2nd Block Final 

11:40 a.m.- 2:45 p.m. Make- up Final