A “Watch Guide” for Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video

Written by: Delainey Wilson, Editor-in-Chief

Many people have more time than ever due to quarantine. A great way to spend this time is discovering new movies and shows. Here’s a list of a variety of different things to watch, on a few different streaming services.

On Netflix:

Tiger King

• If you like documentaries, this is a good eight part series that does a good job of keeping you entertained. This docu-series follows a zoo owner known as “Joe Exotic” (or the Tiger King) and the world of large cats. The show also features the murder-for-hire plot that Joe Exotic became a part of.

All American

• This two season series is about the challenges and culture changes a teenager encounters when he tries to fit in at Beverly Hills High School, where he was recruited to play football.

All the Bright Places

• This Netflix original movie takes place in Indiana, where two teenagers bond over the struggles in their lives, and become closer as they work together on a school project.

Virgin River

• Virgin River is a Netflix original series that follows the journey of Mel, a nurse practitioner, as she moves from Los Angeles to a small town in Northern California.

On Hulu:

Parasite

• Parasite is an Oscar winning film about a poor family who provide service and depend on income from a rather wealthy family.

Kim Kardashian West: The Justice Project

• If you’re a fan of the Kardashian family, this show follows Kim Kardashian West, as she brings awareness to America’s mass incarceration problem.

Little Fires Everywhere

• This is a Hulu original drama series starring Reese WItherspoon and Kerry Washington. The series is about the lives of a picture-perfect family, and the events that lead to their house being burned down.

The Act

• The Act is a Hulu original series based on a true story. The show follows Gypsy Blanchard and her overbearing mother, Dee Dee, as well as the many lies Dee Dee feeds to her daughter.

On Amazon Prime Video:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

• This Emmy winner Amazon original series takes place in the 1950’s. The show follows Midge Maisel’s transformation from mother of two, to stand-up comedian.

Instant Family

• Starring Mark Wahlberg and Rosy Byrne, this movie is about a couple who decides to take in three foster children, and the struggles they endure while adapting to their new lives.

A Simple Favor

• This suspenseful movie is about Stephanie, who stumbles upon an unlikely friendship with a woman named Emily. The movie follows Emily’s disappearance, and how Stephanie deals with it.

Midsommar

• This horror movie features a couple on the verge of a breakup and their decision to attend a midsummer festival in Sweden with their friends, which ends up being nothing like they expected.