Starting New Classes on the Right Foot

Starting New Classes on the Right Foot

Written by: Riley Wilson, Reporter

The first thing to remember is that beginnings are important because they can affect the entire semester of the course. Even in online classes, the first few weeks set the tone. It is important to start off on the right foot. Here is a checklist to help prepare for the classes to come.

1. Find a way to organize your time and classes. Writing things down in a planner or an agenda and having that visual reminder can help keep a person on track.
  2. Prioritize tasks from most to least important. This way, the more stressful assignments can be tackled before going onto the easier ones.
  3. Set up a schedule with breaks throughout the day. This helps keep a balance between school and social life.
  4. Get the best possible grades right off the bat! That means turning in assignments and getting the most points possible. In the beginning of every class the smallest assignments affect grades the most.
  5. The most important thing is to remember to have a positive outlook on the class. Going in with a good attitude will most likely bring a positive experience.

No matter what the first quarter looked like, it can always get better. Just work on  these good habits and goals throughout the semester and it will be great!